- Early Spring - Carbon based fertilizer with pre-emergence. Post-emergence liquid for existing weeds.
- Late Spring - Carbon based fertilizer with pre-emergence. Post-emergence liquid for existing weeds.
- Early Summer - Adjusted liquid or granular low nitrogen fertilizer. Post-emergence liquid for broadleaf weeds if needed. Monitor for disease/insects*.
- Late Summer - Adjusted liquid or granular low nitrogen fertilizer. Post-emergence liquid for broadleaf weeds if needed. Monitor for disease/insects*.
- Fall - Lime application to improve the soil pH.
- Fall - Specialty blend of organic and non-organic compounds that improve soil structure and increase nutrient uptake.
- Winter - Granular “winterizer” fertilization. This important application strengthens root systems, sustains green color and improves early spring growth.
Brown patch is the most common turf fungus in the Triad. It is caused by the fungus Rhizoctonia solani. It is the most common fungus in tall fescue during late spring and throughout the summer months in North Carolina. Brown patch infections can start as early as April in some years with full blown outbreaks occurring by late May and early June. As the name implies, symptoms are brown to tan areas of turf that are roughly circular patches that range from a few inches to several feet in diameter.
Watering should be done only as needed to prevent drought stress. When you do apply irrigation, do it deep and infrequent instead of watering every day. It is a common mistake for homeowners to set their irrigation system on a schedule and forget about it. Remember, fungi love water and if you over water, you're giving the advantage to the fungi, not the turfgrass. The ideal time to water your lawn is in the early morning hours before sunrise. Irrigating during late afternoon or early evening is the worst thing you can do because this extends the leaf wetness period, however brown patch will love you for it!
ProLawn offers a 5 application fungicide program. Each of these treatments last for approximately 28 days. This is a preventative program. We strongly recommend signing up for this if your lawn is susceptible to brown patch.
In the Triad, aeration is the key to getting your grass green. We’ll aerate your lawn and overseed with top quality tall fescue during late Summer/early Fall. The aerating process removes thousands of small soil plugs. The holes created will allow air, water, and fertilizer direct access to the turfs root system. After a few rainfalls, these plugs will dissolve back into the lawn, replenishing the micro-nutrients in the soil. Aeration improves the soil profile and will allow the turf to grow thicker and fill in weak areas. Trust the expert technicians at ProLawn to improve your lawn's density and its resistance to weeds with our aeration and seeding services. As a locally owned business, we are dedicated to providing top quality care for our customers in the community. If you have any questions, simply give us a call or feel free to email. You'll always talk to a local technician who understands the unique needs of lawn care in the Triad area!
- Early Spring – Granular fertilization with Micronutrients
- Late Spring – insect & disease inspection/spray
- Early Summer – insect & disease inspection/spray
- Late Summer – insect & disease inspection/spray
- Fall – Granular fertilization with Micronutrients
- Winter – Dormant oil spray for control of over-wintering insects, eggs and spores
Mosquitoes are no longer an irritating pest. Mosquitoes are an ever-increasing health threat. Transmission of diseases such as West Nile virus, encephalitis, and most recently, Zika virus have spread across the United States. As a result, the demand for mosquito management and control has increased.
ProLawn’s Mosquito Control Program offers proven, long-lasting control. Unlike other services, the mosquitoes are controlled as they land on treated surfaces. Instead of only repelling them, our treatments are not allowing them to continue breeding, biting, or spreading disease.
Applied by our professional applicators around your home and throughout your backyard our trusted and dependable mosquito control solution eliminates mosquitoes on contact and continues working for up to 21 days, depending on the impact of rain and weather elements.
For optimum protection, season-long control is highly recommended, every 21 days. ProLawn will remind you in advance of an upcoming service and leave you notice that we’ve been there. There’s no need for you to be home during the application.